Monday, July 27, 2009

Utilities.

Last night Josh calls me from Anchorage telling me that he'd like me to turn on the utilities to the new house today. Not a problem. Happy to do it. He gives me his social security number and this morning I start making calls. And am stopped within about 15 minutes.

Yeah, turns out they aren't real keen on letting other people use your social to start service. And since I won't turn them on in my name (is it my house? no... I'm a renter, it's in my lease) I emailed him the companies numbers so he could finish the job I started.

Not sure if he's pissed about it or not. But his name is on the house, it should probably be on all the utilities too. I can't imagine this being a problem. It takes probably 10 minutes out of his day. But I know he's busy and stressed and just fresh off the plane from 10 days in Alaska... so I have a feeling this might strike him wrong and he'll get angry.

Basically I failed at my first task as homemaker. And I work tonight so I'm going to miss the first truck load of moving in. This day is not starting out the way it should.

No comments:

Post a Comment